Friday, February 16, 2007

Blame California

I called Microcenter yesterday to ask the status of my laptop that was checked in back in January. Microcenter hadn't heard a word, so they called California (the whole state) to find out what the hold-up was. The Californians said they were still waiting for approval from the Georgian, who, crazily enough, had been left out of the loop for a few weeks. They needed authorization to replace the LCD panel, the heat sink, and the logic board (isn't the "logic board" the motherboard on a Mac??? Will this be a problem?). That's *pretty much* a whole new computer, innit? I mean, I have the hard drive here at home. I was then put on hold so the guy could do Really Important Stuff. I waited on the phone, silently obsessing over whether I should remind them that I am missing a back arrow key, and the guy yanked me out of my haze. I don't know how long he had been snapping his fingers before he resorted to pushing telephone buttons to get my attention, but I came to, and he said the laptop should be in on Saturday.

I really hope California gives me that new arrow key...

No comments: