Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Only

It's funny how I'll get into a rut with videos, think I've lost the inspiration to do any more, and then BAM! I'll get into the zone. Right out of the blue. That's pretty much what happened with my latest video, "Only", by Nine Inch Nails.

This is a video I'd been envisioning for some time, but didn't get past the planning/brainstorming stage until day before yesterday. I was in a bit of a blue mood, and feeling restless, so I decided to try to film a few clips and see where it went. I wasn't committed to it, and thought I'd scrap whatever I did. Instead I stayed up all night working on it, from 8:30 pm until 9 am the next day. I uploaded the video to YouTube, and posted it at Cuppa Joe.

Then I took a nap.

When I awoke, I watched the video, again, and knew it wasn't as good as it could have been. So I yanked it off YouTube, took the link down from my forum, and did some more editing. This is typical of me. I work until I can't see straight, and prematurely put up a video. With a fresh perspective, I reshot a few new scenes. I turbo-charged it.

I think I'm done.

Only, by NIN


Only from VRevis on Vimeo.

No comments: