Sunday, May 20, 2007

Yola!

I have good news, and I have bad news. Good news? New video. Bad news? Borkened laptop. Again. So it will be a while until I can start working on new projects, again. I have my game on one laptop, and internet access on another, and no easy way to transfer files. Time to start saving up for that shiny new Mac.

Anyway. I do have a new video up for y'all. It's the SECOND remake of a video I did last spring, which would also be the third completely-from-scratch version of this video. It's up at CJ Cinema, so be sure to check out Criminal, right there at the top.

This is a video I took on last spring without a whole lot of experience under my belt, yet. I was still learning the ropes on basic videography, and editing was still almost completely a mystery to me. I knew what I wanted, just not how to actually get there. A year later, I'm still learning, but I've come a long way, baby. I know my way around my editors pretty well, and, more importantly, I'm willing to take risks I wouldn't touch, before. I think I did a pretty decent job on this one. While I don't think it's perfect (is it ever?), I am satisfied with it, given my amount of experience.

For laughs, I left my original comments up on the site. You can get a pretty clear sense of how pissed off I was after this video the first and second go-rounds.

It's on my YouTube page, it's on CJ Cinema, and if you're a member of my forum, you can get the actual 35 mb .wmv file (which is so well worth it, in terms of quality. Unbelievable how badly mangled these things get when processed through YouTube or Google video).

Enjoy, and I hope it won't be too long before I can get back to work.

No comments: